Tuesday, March 13, 2012

To Write or Not To Write

For me, writing is an escape. An escape from reality, because I usually write fiction, and an escape from other people's rules because it's my story, not theirs. Now, I have to face the fact that sometimes I have to improve. I can't just write 1 type of story, and that is why now I decided to write something more than just my imagination and dreams, Reality. Non-fiction. Real world. Yep, I'm learning journalism.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a writer or a journalist, but my parents told me to get a 'real' job. I think both of them are real jobs but... you know parents right? ;) That was when I started my sorta-rebellious-yet-obedient-child act, I decided to start writing. Yeah as you can see my old writings are sorta... crappy. Yet they made me smile, because they are my first stepping stones to become what I am right now and in the future. I keep on writing, and writing, and writing though my parents did not allow me to join any journalistic activities in my school (I did not regret that, journalistic activities in my school is kinda... yeah you know :p) except entering writing competition. I won. That was the reason why my parents allow me to join journalistic or other writing activities in campus. I feel awesome.
Yet, I don't think that this is the end point of my writing life. For me, this is a beginning of something extraordinary. Something that will amaze the whole wide world. And one day people will wonder where it began, and it began with a 'once-upon-a-time'.

No comments: